Fundraising events help to raise awareness for the work that MPA undertakes and alert people to some key aspects around sun safety.
MPA relies heavily on generous donations from corporate partnerships, philanthropic grants, individual donors and community fundraising. We receive no government funding and provide all of our services for either free or a nominal amount if covering external costs.
If you’re ready to fundraise for MPA then Bridge To Brisbane is a great platform to do that.
1. First you need to enter the race! Follow this link.
2. Then you create your own fundraising page – remember to personalise it with your story and why you are raising funds for MPA. Don’t forget to choose MPA as your charity of choice!
3. Then spread the word! Let all your friends, family, co-workers know what you’re doing and get them to support you. Share through all your social media links and remember to keep reminding people why you’re doing this by posting regular updates (whether this is through your own personal social media or if you choose to set up a separate Facebook Page).
4. It’s a good idea to communicate how the funds raised will be used by MPA. We suggest the following:
Please join me in helping MPA continue to provide support to melanoma patients and reduce the impact of melanoma on all Australians.
5. Tag MPA in your social media links and we’ll help support you too.
6. For all fundraisers who reach $500 or more we’ll send you a gift basket! $1,000 or more, we will send you a $100 Rebel Sport voucher!
7. Remember to be sun safe when you run – hat, sunscreen, sunglasses.