Melanoma Patients Australia (MPA) and Melanoma Institute Australia (MIA) recently announced a new multi-year agreement to provide enhanced support services for melanoma patients nationally.
The agreement was announced at a Patient Information Evening held in Sydney, jointly hosted by both organisations.
This informative evening was very well received by all who attended and included presentations from MIA experts, insights from two melanoma patients and a Q&A session.
The agenda of the evening included:
1. Patient Speaker – Julia Randall: ‘How I gained my knowledge about melanoma’
2. Pathologist & MIA Co-Medical Director – Professor Richard Scolyer: ‘Why pathology is central to your care’
3. MIA Surgeon – Associate Professor Robyn Saw: ‘Surgical Interventions for melanoma’
4. Medical Oncologist & MIA Co-Medical Director – Professor Georgina Long: ‘Updates on drugs treatments in melanoma’
5. Patient Speaker – Mark Bannerman: ‘The unknown and how I coped’
6. MIA Psychologist – Michelle Davey: ‘Coping strategies when faced with a melonoma diagnosis’
All the presentations were recorded so that patients and their carers from around Australia could also benefit. These video recordings are now available to view using this link: Melanoma Patients Forum Videos
We hope all patients and their carers benefit from the insights provided in these videos.