Last updated: November 2016
MPA is a registered not for profit organisation and registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.
1. Acceptance and variation of Agreement. The website is made available by MPA to you subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time including posting the revised version of this Agreement on the website. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” note at the top of this Agreement.
We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, to modify or discontinue the website without notice.
By accessing the website and utilising the Services you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Agreement and you agree to be bound by it.
2. Description of the Services. We provide users of the website with access to certain content and services related to the prevention and treatment of melanoma, which may include (a) services such as forums, registration functionality, an informational support line, newsletters and links to third party websites; and (b) content such as audio and video clips, photographs, graphics, images, text, data, user comments, surveys, postings and messages and other similar content (such content and services, collectively, the “Services“).
Important note regarding health-related information: Use of the MPA website and any information provided on or in connection with the MPA website is at your own risk. The website provides certain information regarding melanoma and other health-related issues. Such information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, and should not be construed as the provision of advice or recommendations. It should not be relied upon as the basis for any decision or action, including the diagnosis or treatment of any health problem. MPA is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any such information. Such information is not exhaustive and should not be considered complete or up-to-date. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information available on the website. The relationship between you and MPA is not a clinician-patient or similar relationship. Always seek the advice of your treating clinician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the website.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 000 immediately. MPA does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, clinicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the website. Reliance on any information provided by MPA, MPA employees, individuals providing information in connection with the website at the invitation of MPA, and/or any other third party is solely at your own risk.
4. Rules of Conduct. While using the website you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the website to respect the rights and dignity of others.
If you are allocated a username or similar identifier in connection with the use of the website you warrant that you will not permit or allow any person to use the username allocated to you and will not do anything that will bring MPA or the Services into disrepute.
6. Products, Services and Content. Descriptions of, and references to, third party products, services and content appearing on the website do not imply MPA’s endorsement of such third party products, services and content. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications and prices of products and services described or depicted on this website are subject to change at any time without notice. The inclusion of any services on this website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these services will be available at any time. MPA reserves the right to limit the availability of or discontinue any service, to bar any user from making any or all Transaction(s); and/or to refuse to provide any user with any service. You agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf through the website, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred.
7. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this website is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation or warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any information on this website.
MPA and its officers, employees and agents accept no responsibility for any loss or damage however caused (including through negligence) that you may suffer directly or indirectly from or in connection with the Services or the website or your use of the Services or the website.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty that would otherwise be implied into this Agreement is excluded or, to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law, liability is limited to the amount of the fees paid by you in connection with your access to the website or Services or such lesser amount as is possible under the law.
8. Registration. You may be required to register with the MPA in order to access certain Services or areas of the website. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant, suspect or cancel registration for any reason at our sole discretion. We may also refuse to supply you with Services, suspend or terminate your access to Services or parts of Services and take whatever action we consider appropriate to recover any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage of expenses that we incur or suffer as a result of your breach of this Agreement.
9. Forums. We and/or our service providers may make available through the website services (for example, message boards, social media forums and comment functionality on the website, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials (each, a “Forum“).
Information contained in Forums may be provided by MPA’s employees as well as by third party visitors to the website. Please note that website visitors may post messages or make statements in the Forums that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. MPA and its employees, directors, representatives and service providers neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in the Forums by third parties.
The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of MPA. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable information or other information publicly available in a forum or otherwise on the website, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right to evaluate each post or message before allowing it to be posted on any Forum or otherwise on the website; and we may alter, remove, or refuse to publicly post a post or message.
You acknowledge that MPA is not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of forum participants. In particular, you acknowledge that MPA does not screen or monitor forum participants and has no way of ensuring that the information contributed by forum participants is accurate.
10. Links. The website may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because MPA has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that MPA and its employees, directors, representatives and service providers are not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources and do not endorse nor are responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through such sites or resources.
Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience only and do not indicate any endorsement of the website or the products or services provided at those sites or by the organisations promoting those websites. If you chose to use the links to access third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
11. Intellectual Property. You acknowledge and agree that the statutory and other proprietary rights in respect of patents, designs, copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, processes, formulae, systems, drawings, data, specifications, documents, and other like rights relating to the Services or displayed or referred to on the website are owned by MPA or in some cases third parties. You must not reproduce, copy, transmit, adapt, publish or communicate or otherwise exercise the intellectual property rights in the whole or any part of the material contained on the website except with the prior written consent of MPA.
12. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of application of this Agreement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.
13. General. This Agreement is governed by the laws in force in Queensland, Australia. By registering for the Services you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland.
Any failure by the MPA to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement or any forbearance, delay or indulgence granted by MAP to you must not be construed as a waiver of the MPA’s rights under this Agreement.
If any of the terms of this Agreement (or part of them) are held to be invalid or unenforceable, this Agreement will remain in full force, apart from the term or condition or part of it that is held to be invalid or unenforceable which will be deleted to the minimum extent necessary for this Agreement to be valid and enforceable.